Add the perfect touch to your Christmas decorations with this Merry Christmas DIY Jointed Banner! This giant paperboard banner measures 9ft once assembled and makes a fun party activity for you and the little ones. (Each)
- The banner comes with 3 components: the needle, the ribbon and the tiles.
- There are 17 tiles: one for each letter of “Merry Christmas”, two candy cane tiles and a stocking tile. Ideally, each candy cane tile would go on one end and the stocking tile would go between Merry and Christmas.
- On the left end of the ribbon, start by feeding the ribbon about 1.5 inches into the needle. Tie a double knot there so that the needle stays on the ribbon when you’re feeding through the tiles.
- Take one of the two candy cane tiles and start with the top left hole. Feed the needle and ribbon through the back of the hole and pull through to the top right hole. Pull the ribbon all the way through the tile’s holes until you have roughly 1.5 inches of ribbon left. Double-knot the ribbon there as well so that it does not fall through the tile holes.
- Continue feeding the ribbon through each tile, starting with the back of the left hole and ending in the front of the right hole.
- Once you’ve threaded all 17 tiles, it is easiest to hang your banner using strong adhesive tape, tacks, or by threading around nails. The fully-assembled banner is roughly 9’ long. Once you’ve got the banner hung, space out the tiles on the ribbon so that they are all even or nearly even.