One of the best things about a party is the food! For the guests, they love to indulge and then leave the party feeling good and full! But, for the host, sometimes the food part of the party planning can be stressful! Don't let yourself be overwhelmed by the food. There are so many other things to plan like the overall theme of the party, the guest list, the budget, the party supplies, and more!
Though the options for food are endless, depending on the kind of party you are having, finger foods are sure to be a win! They are easy, they allow people to walk around and mingle without needing a sit-down meal, and they are typically quick and easy to make!
We want to make the food planning as easy as possible for you, so we have put together 12 Easy Finger Food Recipes For Your Next Party! At the end of the list of recipes is a list of our favorite designed party plates, so be sure to check those out!
Recipe from: breadboozebacon.com
1. Bourbon BBQ Little Smokies
When I think of hot dogs, I think of standing in line at the concession stand after my softball games growing up and grabbing a hot dog and a coke after a winning game. These may not be full-sized hot dogs, but they're a version of a hot dog and can be enjoyed at a baseball-themed or softball-themed party!
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Frank's hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 28 ounces little smokies cocktail links, (two 14-ounce packages)
- To a 2-quart slow cooker, add the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, hot sauce, paprika, and ground mustard. Stir until well combined.
- Drain the little smokies links and add them to the crockpot. Stir everything together, making sure all the smokies links get coated.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Reduce heat to WARM until ready to serve.
Recipe from: chef-in-training.com
2. Homemade Mac and Cheese Bites
Mac and cheese is a classic! It's rare to ever find someone who doesn't like mac and cheese, so it's a great party food favorite! These bite-sized versions of mac and cheese are to die for! These would be great to include at a graduation open house!
- ½ pound elbow macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pan combine butter and flour over medium heat. Whisk until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer. Add 1½ cups of the cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, carefully stir pasta, cheese sauce, and egg until evenly mixed and pasta is evenly coated.
- Spoon mac and cheese into mini muffin tins and top each with a small pinch of remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cooling for 5-minutes before gently removing the bites.
Recipe from: kevinandamanda.com
3. Crunchy Taco Cups
Tacos are another favorite of most people! It may be too difficult to set up an entire taco bar, so these bite-sized crunchy taco cups are a great plan B! Gather the same ingredients, but make them beforehand for your guests to enjoy! These taco cups would be great to add to a Fiesta Themed party! All you need is a sombrero to enjoy your next fiesta-themed celebration!
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 envelope (3 tablespoons) taco seasoning
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or Mexican blend)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cooked beef, taco seasoning, and tomatoes in a bowl and stir to combine. Line each cup of prepared muffin tin with a wonton wrapper. Add 1.5 tablespoons taco mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Press down and add another layer of wonton wrapper, taco mixture, and a final layer of cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden.
Note: Visit kevinandamanda.com for assembly instructions and step-by-step pictures.
Recipe for: easypeasypleasy.com
4. Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Are you planning finger foods for a game day? People will throw down these buffalo chicken taquitos as they are a "fan favorite!" Be sure to include a bowl of ranch or blue cheese for some dipping! Your game day celebration will for sure be a WIN with these taquitos! Get your game day party supplies here!
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened (8 ounce)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 flour tortillas, fajita size
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce until well combined in a large bowl. The mixture should be smooth.
- Mix the shredded rotisserie chicken and shredded cheese into the cream cheese mixture.
- For each Taquito, spoon a large tablespoon of the chicken mixture onto each flour tortilla. Spread in a thin line from one side to the other.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly around the chicken mixture and place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Continue assembling each taquito one at a time until you’re done.
- Once all taquitos have been assembled and placed on the baking sheet, generously spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Pull from oven and flip taquitos over. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from: plainchicken.com
5. Meatball Sub Cupcakes
Do you like cupcakes? Check out this new version for those who don't have a sweet tooth. Those meat eaters will love these meatball sub cupcakes! Speaking of meat eaters, these would be a great addition to a Jurassic World-themed party!
1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
4-oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella
12 (1-oz) frozen meatballs
- 1-1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Set aside.
Remove dough from can; press seams to seal and press into an 8x18 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 12 squares. Press squares into muffin pan cups.
Combine cream cheese, Italian seasoning and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
Divide the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of each muffin cup. Place meatballs on top of cheese; top each meatball with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe from: streetsmartkitchen.com
6. Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
This garlic pull-apart bread might start a war at your party as everyone is going to want to get their hands on this!! Though the image of this finger food recipe looks beautifully complex, it's actually really easy to make with 30 minutes of your time and only six ingredients! If it's a war your guests want, distract them with a Star Wars themed party, instead!
- 1 Artisan bread loaf
- 8 ounce Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- Slice the bread horizontally and vertically into 1-inch cubes, leaving the bottom of the loaf intact with the bread pieces still attached.
- Slice cheese, then garlic.
- Combine red pepper flakes with chopped chives in a small bowl.
- Lay the bread on a piece of foil. (The foil should be large enough to wrap the bread.) Gently stuff the cheese slices into the bread between the bread slices. (The Kitchn recommends to stuff between the vertical slices first, then go back and fill in the spaces between the horizontal cuts — it’s a bit easier this way! It also helps to have a helper who can hold the slices apart while you stuff.)
- Next, add the red pepper flakes and chives right next to each cheese slice in the bread.
- Now, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat on your stove top. Stir in sliced (or minced) garlic, switch to medium-low heat, and let the garlic cook in the butter for 2-3 more minutes until fragrant.
- Use a small spoon to stuff the garlic slices into the bread between the bread slices. Brush the infused butter all over the bread.
- Wrap the prepared bread with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Unwrap the top and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the top of the bread is crispy.
Recipe from: theforkbite.com
7. Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
Have you ever thought about how most breakfast foods are finger foods like bacon, sausage, muffins, donuts, and other pastries? Cinnamon french toast sticks are also a great finger food option that's also considered a breakfast food! These cinnamon french toast sticks look shiny thanks to the coated sugar, and they would make a great addition to a magical unicorn-themed party!
- 4 thick slices white Texas Toast bread (stale bread is best)
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Remove the crust and cut the bread into 4 sticks.
- Using a large bowl, mix the milk and eggs + a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In another flat bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut the butter half and heat it up over medium heat.
- Quickly, roll the bread sticks into the egg mixture - make sure to shake off the excess and place in a pan.
- Turn each side until golden brown.
- Once done, transfer immediately in the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll to coat. This way, the mixture sticks easily when the bread is hot.
- Melt remaining butter and cook the remaining french toast sticks.
- Serve immediately and garnish with any syrup.
Recipe from: thecomfortofcooking.com
8. Crispy Goat Cheese Poppers With Honey
Are you looking for a finger food option that looks and sounds a little fancy? Try these crispy goat cheese poppers with honey! For a fancy topping on your green salads, stirred into hot veggies and pastas, or served pretty on a platter, you can’t go wrong with these one-bite goat cheese poppers! These goat cheese poppers with honey would also be the perfect food to have at a Bee-themed party or baby shower!
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 (11 oz.) log soft goat cheese
- 2 cups oil (grapeseed, canola or veg oil)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh chives
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and black pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, salt and 2 tablespoons water. In a separate bowl, add panko.
- Roll goat cheese into 24 (1-Tablespoon size) balls. Roll each ball in flour, then egg, then panko crumbs, coating evenly. Freeze 20 minutes, or until firm.
- When ready to cook, set a deep saucepan to medium-high heat. Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Fry goat cheese in batches, 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Arrange goat cheese poppers on a platter. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
Now that you've got some easy finger food recipes for your big day, don't forget to check out Discount Party Supplies for the rest of your party needs such as tableware, decor, party favors, and more!
Also, you can't enjoy finger foods without a beautifully designed plate for all of your guests! At Discount Party Supplies, our sturdy paper plates are perfect for your guest’s favorite finger foods! Our sturdy party plates are better quality than other party brands, making them perfect to reuse again and again to save on waste. But they also make for easy clean-up at the end of your gathering! Each of our party themes is researched and tested by our team of designers. So you can be sure you will love everything you order!
Check out all of our plate designs >>here<<
See some of our favorites below: