Want to know how to fold a Pyramid Napkin? The Pyramid Napkin Fold is one of the most common and easiest styles of napkin folds used by restaurants and caterers everywhere. That’s not to say it’s stale in any way. In fact, we think the fact that a person, restaurant or caterer would take the time to enhance the table decorations is certainly adding a bit of elegance to the event. And, the Pyramid Napkin Fold is no exception.
As we stated above folding a Pyramid Napkin is easy. Below, we’ve broken it down (with pictures) into nine easy steps that everyone should be able to follow. It really won’t take long for a person to master this technique either. Trust us, do this a few times (let alone a couple of hundred times that a decent-sized wedding or other event may require) and you should get the hang of it and be whipping this fold out in no time.
1. First, lay the napkin out flat in front of you face-down, and then you can begin.
2. Next, fold the napkin diagonally in half like the sail of a sailboat.
3. Take the open end of the napkin and rotate it so that it faces away from you. The folded edge should now face you.
4 & 5. Next, you’ll want to create a diamond shape by first folding the right corner up until it meets the far corner that rests away from you. Fold the remaining left corner up to meet the far corner as well. This should create a diamond shape.
6. Flip the napkin over while keeping the open-ended fold away from you.
7. Next, take the open-ended corner resting the furthest away from you and fold it in half downward until it meets the corner at the bottom.
8. Turn the napkin over again, only this time keep the open end pointed towards you.
9. Finally, stand the napkin up by lifting it and folding it along the center. Take your now elegant Pyramid folded napkin and rest it on a plate or in the center of a table setting. If the Pyramid fold won’t seem to neatly stay in shape, you may need to refold it or try adding some starch. And, there you go… an easy and elegant way to dress up your sophisticated affair!